Reports to: Business Support Manager
Direct reports: None
Contract type: 18 months
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Northampton Saints Rugby Football Club was formed in 1880, when Reverend Samuel Wathen Wigg identified rugby as a way to channel the energies of some of the county’s more troubled youngsters. More than 140 years on, Northampton Saints Foundation continues his legacy, using the power of sport and the values of rugby to INSPIRE, SUPPORT and EDUCATE thousands of people each year. Our education and social inclusion programmes inspire the current generation to learn, develop new skills, increase confidence and where appropriate return to education, training or employment.
As an Apprentice at Northampton Saints Foundation you will be responsible for helping the Foundation grow by providing a support service to all departments.
The Administration apprentice will be responsible for a range of administrative, financial and IT tasks supporting different departments throughout the Foundation. Administration duties include all regular office-based administration, call management and maintenance of the CRM database – Salesforce.
The successful candidate will be honest, hardworking, and willing to go above and beyond within their work. They will be respectful and understanding of the Foundation’s work.
- Complete a breadth of daily Administration tasks across a number of departments: data collation, invoicing coordination, room booking management, minute taking if required, maintaining stock list and ordering office supplies as needed
- Assisting the Finance team with administration duties, such as chasing invoices
- Assisting Foundation Team in planning and arranging events and activities across all programmes
- Contacting and liaising with Foundation partners, including companies, schools and colleges to promote and book Foundation activities utilising Salesforce
- Undertaking specific projects as requested by the Foundation Team
- Ordering, organising and managing equipment, furniture, IT etc
- Attending staff meetings and training when required
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Positive mindset, reliable and resilient
- Ability to build rapport with the team and all those in the business
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Good numeracy, organisation, and computer skills
- Ability to use initiative to resolve problems and suggest improvements
- Energetic and driven
- Seeks to find efficiencies
- Must have good attention to detail and the ability to follow procedures
- Must have excellent personal and team organisational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and IT programmes
- Ability to learn new IT systems
During your time with the Northampton Saints Foundation, you will undertake a Level 3 Business Admin Apprenticeship. You will be expected to complete 35 hours work based per week, and your apprenticeship academic work alongside this.
The role description, person specification, role grade and role title may be subject to change at the discretion of the Northampton Saints Foundation and in accordance with business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate.
Northampton Saints Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and would welcome applications from a fully diverse range of candidates, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring service check and a Section 128 Check.
Please send CV and covering letter to [email protected] with your name and role applied for in the subject line.
Closing date: Midnight 22nd February 2024
Please note, if we receive a large number of applications, we may close the process early, so interested parties are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
We would like to keep this data until this position is filled. When that period is over, we will delete your data unless we specifically inform you that we will keep it on file for future roles.