Reports to: Finance Lead
Direct reports: None
Location: cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens, Northampton
Contract type: Part-time, fixed-term
Hours of work: 7 hours per week (9-5 Monday or Thursday)
Salary: £22,750 p/a FTE
Benefits: 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme, paid enhanced DBS, free onsite parking, personal training budget, matchday tickets / club discounts
Northampton Saints Rugby Football Club was formed in 1880, when Reverend Samuel Wathen Wigg identified rugby as a way to channel the energies of some of the county’s more troubled youngsters. More than 140 years on, Northampton Saints Foundation continues his legacy, using the power of sport and the values of rugby to INSPIRE, SUPPORT and EDUCATE thousands of people each year. Our education and social inclusion programmes inspire the current generation to learn, develop new skills, increase confidence and where appropriate return to education, training or employment.
To support the Finance Lead with general finance duties, mainly overseeing the collection of customer accounts to ensure high standards of service.
- Proactively manage the credit control across a portfolio of customers
- Raising monthly and termly sales invoices to customers for various departments
- Allocation of bank receipts against sales invoices
- Chase outstanding invoices by telephone, email and/or letter in line with an agreed schedule
- Liaise with internal departments to resolve any payment queries
- Undertake monthly sales ledger reviews across the portfolio
- Communicate regularly with customers and work as part of a team
- Maintain precise business records in accordance with established company protocol
- Promptly escalate any concerns to the Finance Lead
- Support the Finance Lead with any ad-hoc tasks and projects as required
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced working in a finance or credit control environment
- Proficient in using accounting software (preferably Xero) and Excel
- GCSE Maths & English Grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
- Highly analytical when analysing and interpreting data
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong communication skill
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines
The role description, person specification, role grade and role title may be subject to change at the discretion of the Northampton Saints Foundation and in accordance with business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate.
Northampton Saints Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and would welcome applications from a fully diverse range of candidates, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring service check and a Section 128 Check.
Please send CV and covering letter to [email protected] with your name and role applied for in the subject line.
Closing date: Midnight 22nd February 2024
Please note, if we receive a large number of applications, we may close the process early, so interested parties are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
We would like to keep this data until this position is filled. When that period is over, we will delete your data unless we specifically inform you that we will keep it on file for future roles.