HITZ is a Premiership Rugby’s award-winning education and employability programme which works with more than 2,000 young people, aged 16-19 years old, every year.
Delivered nationally, by Premiership Rugby’s 13 member clubs, HITZ uses rugby’s core values to improve the personal, social and life skills to support young people.
Supported and funded by partners CVC Foundation and Wooden Spoon, the HITZ learning academy offers a relaxed environment giving students the chance to earn accredited Maths and English qualifications through GCSE and Functional Skills provisions. The programme embeds the core values of rugby, teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship and offers essential enrichment and sporting activities which supports the development of the individual improving physical, mental and social wellbeing through a tailored approach.
Aims of the HITZ learning academy at Northampton Saints Foundation
- To embed an enrichment schedule which supports the growth of personal, life and employability skills of young people
- Offer employer led and work experience and workshops that have worth and the potential to offer positive progressions
- To create a safe, inclusive and holistic environment that promotes the offering to gain nationally accredited qualifications
- To provide a programme that improves the physical, mental and social wellbeing of individuals
Impact of the programme - 2021/2022 academic year
- 94% of participants followed positive progression routes through achieving a place within further education, training or employment.
- 100% functional skills pass rate in Maths and English.
- 34 hours of motivating, informative and creative workshops
How the HITZ program works?
Taught and in partnership with YMCA, the HITZ program is delivered though a structured timetable creating consistency and stability for the participants to gain a City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Employability. Through the support of our enthusiastic staff, the hope is the participants who attend will leave with a newfound confidence and readiness to achieve success in education or employment. With fantastic links to partners, local and national businesses, work experience and enrichment is embedded into the structured timetable alongside Maths and English to create a whole holistic approach to developing.
To find out more information and to make a referral please contact [email protected]
"“The HITZ programme has improved my daughter's confidence, self-esteem and mental health. She has gained three valuable qualifications, completed a range or work experience activities and learnt to work in a team. These achievements will help her to access further education, training or employment in the future."Guardian of a HITZ student