Welcome to Engage. We are an advanced inclusion programme operating under the Northampton Saints Foundation, motivated to work with students who are struggling within education.
The Engage programme works with students aged between 10-16 to increase confidence and boost self-esteem. The programme has been running since 2015, giving us experience of working with a number of students SEMH and complex needs.
We are currently operating from four separate hubs, two of these are based in Northampton, we have one in Milton Keynes which is supported by Approved Business Finance and one in Ipswich funded by Suffolk Community Foundation through the Suffolk Police & Crime Commissioner's Fund.
Engage uses practical-based activities to empower students to see the positives in everyday life. Engage works with the referrer to develop a progression pathway which is specific for each individual student to ensure we are meeting their full needs. The programme operates under a very high staff-to-student ratio, to ensure we are able to provide the best support and build a network of professionals around the young person.
All of our staff are fully trained and experienced in working with students with social, emotional and mental health, attainment challenges, behavioural problems and recent trauma – whether this be inside or outside of school.
Our Northampton sites were founded in 2015 with the support of charity ALWAYS A CHANCE, who funded a vital role for the launch and have continued their support.
“Engage has been supporting a number of our students over the past three academic years, their mentors build fantastic relationships with our young people and we are really proud to be partnered with them. On a daily basis they deal with some real complex needs and have always found a solution to keep the student engaged”Simon Line, The Parker E-ACT Academy
- Work together to enable all our pupils to reach their highest levels of personal achievement and take pride in themselves
- Provide opportunity for re-engaging in learning and re-integration into education.
- Meet the pupils’ individual needs and give them the skills to improve their life chances
- Create a network around our young people to provide the best possible support
The Engage Programme is...
- A partnership between pupils, parents/carers, staff and the wider community that seeks to support every pupil to perform at their best
- A partnership between schools, parents/carers, students, mentors and the wider community to support every student on their progression
- Caring, friendly and encouraging. At the same time, we are firm and consistent in our expectations
- A safe environment for both young people and staff, so that the focus can be placed on the social development of all our young people
If you would like to make a referral or find out more information, please contact:
[email protected] or call on 07305092369.