Welcome to Engage. We are an advanced inclusion programme operating under the Northampton Saints Foundation, motivated to work with students who are struggling within education.
The Engage programme works with students aged between 10-16 to increase confidence and boost self-esteem. The programme has been running since 2015, giving us experience of working with a number of students with complex needs.
Engage uses practical-based activities to empower students to see the positives in everyday life. Engage works with the referrer to develop a progression pathway which is specific for each individual student to ensure we are meeting their full needs. The programme operates under a very high staff-to-student ratio, to ensure we are able to provide the best support.
All of our staff are fully trained and experienced in working with students with educational attainment issues, behavioural problems and recent trauma – whether this be inside or outside of school.
The programme was founded in 2015 with the support of charity ALWAYS A CHANCE, who funded a vital role for the launch and have continued to since.
"Engage has been running for several years now and I can already see the impact it has had on the local area; the programme has worked with so many young people in my case load, they should be really proud of the difference they make."Trudy Jones, Family Support Worker at Northamptonshire County Council
- Work together to enable all our pupils to reach their highest levels of personal achievement and take pride in themselves
- Provide opportunity for re-engaging in learning and re-integration into mainstream education
- Meet the pupils’ individual needs and give them the skills to improve their life chances
- Create a network around our young people to provide the best possible support
The Engage Programme is...
- A partnership between pupils, parents/carers, staff and the wider community that seeks to support every pupil to perform at their best
- A partnership between schools, parents/carers, students, mentors and the wider community to support every student on their progression
- Caring, friendly and encouraging. At the same time, we are firm and consistent in our expectations
- A safe environment for both young people and staff, so that the focus can be placed on the social development of all our young people