Reports to: Hub Manager
Direct reports: None
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Contract type: 18 months
Hours of work: 30 hours per week
- A stimulating work environment with opportunities to learn and develop
- 26 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Enrolment onto company pension scheme
- 24-hour Employee Assistance scheme
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Access to Northampton Saints RFC match tickets & discounts
- Staff events calendar
- Free onsite parking
Northampton Saints Rugby Football Club was formed, in 1880, when Reverend Samuel Wathen Wigg identified rugby as a way to channel the energies of some of the county’s more troubled youngsters. More than 140 years on, Northampton Saints Foundation continues his legacy, using the power of sport and the values of rugby to INSPIRE, SUPPORT and EDUCATE thousands of people each year. Our education and social inclusion programmes inspire the current generation to learn, develop new skills, increase confidence and where appropriate return to education, training or employment.
As a Youth Work Apprentice at Northampton Saints Foundation, you will work in our Engage programme using the values of rugby to positively impact young people who have disengaged with education.
The successful candidate will be reliable, hardworking, and committed.
- Collaborate with the Hub Manager and Youth Workers in organising and delivering activities as part of the Engage Programme
- Assist in preparing resources, setting up equipment, and creating a safe and inclusive environment for all young people
- Actively engage with young people during programme sessions, fostering positive relationships and encouraging their active participation
- Support students in developing their social and emotional skills, self-confidence, and self- esteem
- Provide individualised support to programme young people based on their specific needs and challenges
- Work collaboratively with the Hub Manager and Youth Worker to implement strategies that promote academic progress, personal growth, and overall well-being
- Assist in leading physical activities, sports sessions, and creative workshops, following established guidelines and ensuring the safety and well-being of students at all times
- Foster teamwork, cooperation, and fair play among young people
- Adhere to all safeguarding policies and procedures, maintaining a vigilant and proactive
- approach to ensure the safety and welfare of students
- Recognise and respond appropriately to safeguarding concerns, following established polices and reporting
- Support with administrative duties, including record-keeping, data entry, and young people attendance tracking
- Complete daily reports for students and input into professional meetings for young people
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Ability to communicate and conduct professional relationships with children, young people, and adults
- Ability to build strong relationships, work as a team as well as using your own initiative
- Strong communication skills with both adults and young people
- Committed to demonstrating the highest standards of delivery to our young people
- Positive mindset, reliable and resilient
- Actively participate in training and development opportunities
During your time with the Northampton Saints Foundation, you will undertake a Level 3 Youth Work Apprenticeship. You will be expected to complete 30 hours work based per week, and your apprenticeship academic work alongside this.
The role description, person specification, role grade and role title may be subject to change at the discretion of the Northampton Saints Foundation and in accordance with business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate.
Northampton Saints Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and would welcome applications from a fully diverse range of candidates, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring service check and a Section 128 Check.
Please send CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the job description (no more than 500 words) to [email protected] with you name and role applied for in the subject line.
Closing date: Friday 18th August 2023