Northampton Saints Rugby Football Club was formed, in 1880, when Reverend Samuel Wathen Wigg identified rugby as a way to channel the energies of some of the county’s more troubled youngsters. More than 140 years on, Northampton Saints Foundation continues his legacy, using the power of sport and the values of rugby to INSPIRE, SUPPORT and EDUCATE thousands of people each year. Our education and social inclusion programmes inspire the current generation to learn, develop new skills, increase confidence and where appropriate return to education, training or employment.
Do you enjoy sharing stories of days gone by? We are looking for volunteers to join our reminiscence team and engage with older members of the Northampton Saints RFU community and members of the public through an onsite monthly memory cafe at cinch Stadium at Franklin's Gardens.
The reminiscence events aim to enhance the personal wellbeing of people within the community who have memory and mobility issues, and those who feel isolated or lonely. The project, which runs for 12 months and funded with thanks to the Northampton Queen’s Institute Fund, administered by Northampton Community Foundation, will see monthly memory cafes held at cinch stadium at Franklin’s Gardens, covering topics that are not exclusive to Northampton Saints RFC but have an intrinsic link to the Club.
- To deliver and support monthly memory cafe to around 10–15 older members of the Saints community
- Using objects and images, encourage participants to share their memories and stories
- To support the development of the memory cafe project and share ideas for continual improvement of the project
- No prior experience needed
- Enjoy listening to people and their experiences.
- Good social skills
- Outgoing, friendly manner
- An upbeat and positive attitude
- Be prepared that reminiscence sessions can sometimes trigger other emotions
3-4 hours one day per month, plus additional training on site at Northampton Saints Foundation head office.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
An Enhanced DBS Check will be undertaken before volunteering can commence.
Please contact [email protected].
Northampton Saints Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and would welcome applications from a fully diverse range of candidates, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.