April’s game against Bristol Bears at cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens will see Northampton Saints Foundation celebrate their second annual Foundation Day, in partnership with cinch.
The men in Black, Green and Gold face Bristol in a Gallagher Premiership clash on Saturday 2 April (kick-off 3pm), but the match will be one to remember as the charity arm of the Club will take centre stage for a packed day of fundraising.
Established in 2018, Northampton Saints Foundation are inspired by their history, using the values of rugby through their social inclusion and education programmes, to INSPIRE, SUPPORT and EDUCATE young people to create positive futures.
This year the Foundation needs to raise in excess of £300,000 in fundraising to sustain its work. The annual Foundation Day helps to achieve a significant amount towards this target, and raises important awareness of the life-changing work they do.
April’s game is a fantastic opportunity for the entire Northampton Saints family to show their support and DONATE.
How can I help on Foundation Day?
DONATE ON TICKET PURCHASE
Once you’ve added your ticket to your basket on Saints’ online ticketing store, be sure to add a minimum donation to the Foundation of £3 to support the work we do. Buy your tickets HERE.
The 23 players in the matchday squad will be wearing Northampton Saints Foundation branded shirts, which will all be auctioned along with a host of exclusive prizes, including:
- Hospitality for ten people in Directors Experience.
- England kit bag, kindly donated by George Furbank.
- Signed shirts, boots and balls from various members of the Saints squad.
- Spa day, kindly donated by Forterra.
- Hot air balloon ride for two, kindly donated by ABDA Creative Design.
Bid HERE. Auction closes 8pm on 2 April. Winners will be contacted by Exceed within 48 hours to take payment. Once payment has been taken, arrangements will be made to receive prizes.
We have some incredible prizes to be won, and tickets can be purchased when Saints play Bristol on 2nd April from the Foundation’s ticket sellers, and on the day.
- Signed Northampton Saints 2021/22 Shirt
- Chopping board made by Alex Waller and Tom Wood.
- Narrow boat trip on the Grand Union Canal from Crick for four people. Bring your own picnic, kindly donated by Steve Wright, Apperley Bridge Marina.
- Michael Jones Jeweller; Gold and Pearl Necklace (value £350).
- Cook-along with head chef and owner of The Sheaf in West Haddon. Go to the pub and learn how to cook one of the chef’s signature dishes, cook it with him, then enjoy it after. Bottle of wine included.
- 32 pint keg of beer from Dowbridge Brewery.
- Half a Lamb, kindly donated by Saints kit manager Kevin Buckby.
- Pork Pie-making experience for two people at Brockleby’s Pies, kindly donated by Brockleby’s.
- A hamper of delicious award-winning Moorish humous, artisan crackers and a bottle of bubbles, donated by Moorish.
- Tattinger Champagne, kindly donated by Katie Summers / Summers Nigh Law and Howes Percival.
- Five signed Foundation warm-up t-shirts.
- Five copies of Scrummy Feasts.
Tickets are £1 each and can be bought at the game on the 2nd April, at Saints’ home game vs Wasps on 13th March, and the home Premiership Rugby Cup game vs Newcastle Falcons on 30th March. Winners will be drawn and announced at cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens at midday on Wednesday 6th April 2022. View our T&Cs HERE.
BUCKET SHAKES AND SELFIES WITH SAINTS ACADEMY PLAYERS
Have your coins and notes handy as Saints Academy players and Foundation volunteers will be at the turnstiles and in the village collecting donations and taking selfies for a donation and signing your items!. Feel great for making a difference!
A fun and easy way to get involved and great for the whole family – look out for a 5 or 0 at the end of your ticket to win!
Get into the spirit and get your face painted with a donation to the Foundation, on a pay-what-you-feel basis.
Learn more about the Foundation, pick up a cookbook and Foundation merchandise from the Foundation’s stand in the Supporter Village, or in the Rodber and Members bars.
Other ways to donate
If you would prefer to add a one-off donation, please click HERE.
Scan to donate
Look out for our QR code on the day, scan it and you will be taken straight to our Enthuse page to donate an amount of your choice.
Text to donate
To donate £10, text SAINTS to 70191 (texts will cost £10 plus your standard message rate, please make sure you have the bill payer’s permission).
To donate £5, text SAINTS to 70970 (texts will cost £5 plus your standard message rate, please make sure you have the bill payer’s permission).
*Fundraising, payments and donations will be processed and administered by the National Funding Scheme, operating as DONATE, a charity registered in England and Wales (1149800) and Scotland (SC045106). In addition to any text donation, you will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). For Terms & Conditions, see www.easydonate.org.
About Northampton Saints Foundation
The Foundation’s vision is to become the leading Foundation, giving young people the opportunity to have a positive future.
Last year over 6,000 young people took part in the Foundation’s education and social inclusion programmes to 9-19 year olds.
“We are so excited for our Foundation Day in April,” said Sue Wright, Fundraising and Grants Officer. “Last year, due to the pandemic, crowds were not permitted on the day, so we can’t wait for everyone to see what we have in store this year.
“We are incredibly grateful for the support of cinch too, who are partnering the event. There will be something for everyone! If you’ve ever wanted to come to a Saints game, this will certainly be one to remember.”
For more information about Foundation Day, or other ways to support the Foundation, please email [email protected].